Reflections From a Word Nerd

Thursday, August 12, 2010

"Dear George Clooney" - Now in Bookstores!

Dear George Clooney: Please Marry My Mom is now in bookstores! And the reviews continue to be positive, thank goodness. Some of my favourite reviews have come in from bloggers. Bloggers with much more interesting blogs than mine (plus, they write in them more often). Here are two of my favourites:

This one is from "Pipedreaming." She's a great blogger, and I think she's writing her own young adult novel as well.

And this one is from "The Musings of a Book Addict." She's in Florida!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of giving a talk at the Vancouver Public Library's Book Camp. What a cool concept. There must have been close to a hundred kids there, between the ages of 11-14, all aspiring writers. How I wish there'd been a camp like that when I was growing up! And they've had amazing instructors, too, including Carrie Mac, Chris Humphries, Ian Boothby, Maggie De Vries - and that's just to name a few. The kids were amazing, very keen and engaged. Thanks to Sophie and Meghan for having me!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home