Reflections From a Word Nerd

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Possibly the Coolest Thing Ever ...

Okay ... Not as cool as it would be to have George Clooney agree to produce, direct and make a cameo appearance in "Dear George Clooney: Please Marry My Mom." That would be the coolest. 

But this is a close (close-ish? far-ish?) second. One of my book club gals (I have the best book club ever - ratio of time spent talking about books versus time spent gossiping about love, marriage, relationships, children and celebrities: 1:10), was playing a 2009 edition of Trivial Pursuit recently with a new beau, when they came upon this question: 

Can you see the purple pie question? Do you know what the answer is? I won't keep you in suspense if you don't:

Is that not unbelievable?? I'm a Trivial Pursuit answer!! And here's the thing: I had no idea. Not only did I have no idea that I was the answer to a Trivial Pursuit question, Linda Schuyler - the woman behind all things Degrassi - had no idea there was a Degrassi card in a TP game. My book club friend swears it wasn't some obscure Canadian edition of the game. And she took the card, which I now possess. But of course - I want the whole set now. I even tried to buy one off e-bay, the only 2009 edition I could find - and it was the wrong one. 

"Why don't you just ask her new beau for his copy?" you ask. "Just offer to get him a brand-new one!" Well, I did think of that - but before I could implement said plan, my dear friend and her new beau took a trip to Splitsville. So, long and short - if anyone knows where I can find said Trivial Pursuit edition, do let me know! I'm considering adding this to my resume: "Susin Nielsen: Author/Screenwriter/Producer/Trivial Pursuit Answer."

1 Comments:

At October 22, 2012 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Humpty Dumpty said...

That is an absolute riot! I've never met anyone who was a Trivial Pursuit answer before! How cool is that! :)

- Susan Rocan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home